I'm here at MetaPack's The Delivery Conference 2018, where the theme of the day has been Leaders and Heroes in the industry. Peter Buse of Arvato SCM Solutions has just contributed to a fascinating talk on how retailers can enhance competitiveness through effectively managing multi-channel logistics.
Here's the takeaways from the discussion:
- Every client is offered a unique solution, especially from country to country, but behind the scenes the platform is predominantly the same
- Respect of the client's timeframes is critical, as they will shape the path forward
- Flexibility is always at the forefront of client offering, as long term partnership is always the main goal
- Carrier choice is a major decision because visibility of stock (especially returns) is crucial
- Same day offering is currently being rolled out to keep up with and ahead of client demand
Peter Buse is Executive Vice President and Managing Director in the business unit Consumer Products at Arvato SCM Solution. Arvato helps leading consumer brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Esprit, Nestlé, Triumph and others to build and grow their e-commerce business and retail logistics internationally.